Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote desktop more then 2 pc problem

hi all,
    i have successfully setup remote desktop on both computer.
    both computer able to connect each other over the LAN,
    but when i try to connect over the web its seem only 1st computer able to connect and when i try to connect the 2nd computer its just connect me to the 1st computer.
    can some out there have any idea how to fix this...

by the way i using windows xp sp3
    FYI i have config the tsweb port for 1st computer is driffent form the 2nc computer also done opening the port on firewall and router.
    TIA

Re: remote desktop more then 2 pc problem

So...

PC A is listening to RDC connections on port 3389 and PC B is listening on port 3388 (for example).

PC A is 192.168.0.2 and PC B is 192.168.0.3.

In your router, you've forwarded port 3389 to 192.168.0.2 and port 3388 to 192.168.0.3?

Then from outside the LAN, you've tried to RDC to your public IP on port 3388, but the request is still redirected to PC A?

If so, substitute the data above for the hostnames, ports and IPs you're using and check it's all as it should be - post your setup here if necessary.

Check that you've not enabled PC A as the 'DMZ' in your router's config - some models will ignore the port forwarding settings if this is configured.

If you have any other port forwards setup, do they work as expected?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

yes its still redirect me to Pc A.about the port forward i've try to change on pc B port to 3390 and it still redirect me to pc A.
      i'll later post my setup as soon as i get back home..and the dmz is disable on the router ..thanks for the reply gforce
      Last edited by Balabak; 13th September 2009, 16:18.

Comment

OMG gforce sorry to say i've ignore the DMZ setting and so confident to say its disable..as i get home i re-checked the DMZ setting you mention b4...you know what?? its ENABLE....lol
        after disable it i've successfully logon on the both PC individually....

ok now i've another misson to go to enable the IIS...any advice on this one??

gforceindustries...lol...TIA
        Last edited by Balabak; 13th September 2009, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Balabak View Post
          ok now i've another misson to go to enable the TSWeb...any advice on this one??
          My advice would be that Google would offer suitable advice
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X