Sudden Dropping and Instability in LAN Wireless Connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden Dropping and Instability in LAN Wireless Connection

I have a LAN setup consisting of a Desktop ( XP Pro SP3 ) linked to the Web through A ZyXEL DSL modem and a Linksys WRT54GS Wireless Broadband router and thence by Ethernet cable to the NIC card on the desktop.

There is also a laptop linked wirelessly to the Linksys router ( XP Pro SP3 ).

This has worked without any problem for over a year until yesterday the wireless connection from the laptop to the Web began to behave intermittently , alternating between an available signal and an unavailable one every 30 secs or so.

All firewall connections were unchanged ( ZA on both pc's ) and no other equipment , such as mobile phones , microwave ovens or any other known sources of electrical emissions have changed since the system was working normally.

I ran the "Network Diagnostic for Windows XP" which suggested a problem with the router and advised to disconnect this , wait 3-4 mins and then re-power the router .

This I did without any change - i.e. I was still unable to connect to the Web wirelessly from the laptop.

I am enclosing the Diagnostic log here . It's an .xps file.

Re: Sudden Dropping and Instability in LAN Wireless Connection

Looks like I've managed to sort this problem out by the simple process of updating the laptop wireless connection driver .

Since doing this about 45 mins ago the wireless connection now seems stable .

Comment

Re: Sudden Dropping and Instability in LAN Wireless Connection

Thanks for posting back. Sometimes a power save setting can cause this on the wireless driver.

Comment

Working...
      X