routers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• routers

suppose a PC in a LAN network is connected to several other routers in a WAN..... If i want to ping the other routers through my LAN network's router,how should i do that....In which language should i write the code for that???

Re: routers

I think you need to give a little more detail as to what you're trying to achieve... usually to ping something you just use the ping command. Why do you think you need to use one or more languages to do this?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      I think you need to give a little more detail as to what you're trying to achieve... usually to ping something you just use the ping command. Why do you think you need to use one or more languages to do this?

Methinks he was referring to script language..

In which case, just standard text at the command prompt, but more info would help arunmathi, is this purely for learning or are you trying to achieve something bigger?

Thanks,
      DJ
      Daniel John
      A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by arunmathi View Post
        suppose a PC in a LAN network is connected to several other routers in a WAN..... If i want to ping the other routers through my LAN network's router,how should i do that....In which language should i write the code for that???
        "Ping x.x.x.x

pause"

Save as .bat file.

That should do it Note if theres no route to those other "routers" then the ping will fail. Its only a basic echo/ICMP response.

Comment

Working...
        X