Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain logon monitor

Happy Thursday,
    I am looking for a piece of software that will allow me to monitor and record domain logons, logoffs and tally the time for each domain member account. We are using Windows Server 2003 for all of our DCs. The boss has me on a mission to find a solution. The solution needs to be agentless. I work for a mid size academic institution and applying agents would be to much of chore.
    If anyone knows of a software solution that does not require progamming or massive scripting I would appreciate some pointers.
    I have searched and seem to be hitting a wall.

Re: Domain logon monitor

Enable Auditing on the Server. A script should be able to work out the times logged on and then add them up.

You may find such a script in the Scripting Forum already as similar requests to yours have been made several time before.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

LimitLogin migt be worth a look as i think it will do most of what your after, its free from Microsoft. There is a client side though but its a small MSI so you could push it out with group policy easy.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m...spotlight.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by amallard View Post
        Happy Thursday,
        I am looking for a piece of software that will allow me to monitor and record domain logons, logoffs and tally the time for each domain member account. We are using Windows Server 2003 for all of our DCs. The boss has me on a mission to find a solution. The solution needs to be agentless. I work for a mid size academic institution and applying agents would be to much of chore.
        If anyone knows of a software solution that does not require progamming or massive scripting I would appreciate some pointers.
        I have searched and seem to be hitting a wall.
        As already said enable auditing on your DC for "account logon events". Any user account that authenticates against it will then be appended to the event viwer under "security". You should always do ths as a best practice security policy. You can also audit a number of other features from there as well.

Comment

Working...
        X