Accessing network folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing network folder

It is very strange and interesting situation. I am able to browse and access all folders on server except for one folder. That folder resides on same server as other folders on that server. If I access other folders I am able to access their contents within few second. But when I try to access problematic folder it takes more than 10 minutes. I checked file and folder permissions they are OK, networking speed, switch connection not able to find any problem there. If the problem is due to network then I think other folders on server should not be browseable quickly. Is any one faced similar issue? Can any one here would be able to help me in this matter
    Regards

Re: Accessing network folder

Are you able to access the folder quickly from the server console? Have you tried multiple computers to access the folder?
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Re: Accessing network folder

I can access the folder from the server that is hosting that folder very quickly from server console. Yes I tried to access folder from diffrent computers in my network and it is fast. Even the computer connected to same switch as me can access that folder faster than my computer.

Comment

Working...
      X