X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot print to any network printer

Hi folks

Hoping someone can help with this as I am totally lost

I have just moved my vessels IT infrastructure back onboard after a major upgrade on the vessel. The IT infrastructure has been working fine for 6 months in the offices while the project was ongong.

I have now moved the servers( 2 x 2003 servers, 20 pc's and 11 HP printrs back onboard and tested citrix, email, web all ok. I also tested printing to about 4 printers on the 1st day throgh the network and throgh citrix all ok.

The next day I came in and I cannot print to any network printer from any pc or server. At first I thoght it was the print spooler but this seems ok and I then added a new printer to a pc by its IP address and that still did not work discouting problems with the server. I also deleted the printers and re -added but I keep getting the same error

I can ping the printers and connect to their web interface by IP but if I click a test page I get an error straight away asking if I want to go through the printer help.

If I try to print from word, etxc it goes throgh the actions but nothing happens.

Any help appreciated

Re: Cannot print to any network printer

What is the text in the error?
    What did the move entail?
    Can the printers print test pages?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
    X