Cannot print to any network printer

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot print to any network printer

Hi folks

Hoping someone can help with this as I am totally lost

I have just moved my vessels IT infrastructure back onboard after a major upgrade on the vessel. The IT infrastructure has been working fine for 6 months in the offices while the project was ongong.

I have now moved the servers( 2 x 2003 servers, 20 pc's and 11 HP printrs back onboard and tested citrix, email, web all ok. I also tested printing to about 4 printers on the 1st day throgh the network and throgh citrix all ok.

The next day I came in and I cannot print to any network printer from any pc or server. At first I thoght it was the print spooler but this seems ok and I then added a new printer to a pc by its IP address and that still did not work discouting problems with the server. I also deleted the printers and re -added but I keep getting the same error

I can ping the printers and connect to their web interface by IP but if I click a test page I get an error straight away asking if I want to go through the printer help.

If I try to print from word, etxc it goes throgh the actions but nothing happens.

Any help appreciated

Re: Cannot print to any network printer

What is the text in the error?
    What did the move entail?
    Can the printers print test pages?

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?