Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a VLAN setup be causing my Network Issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a VLAN setup be causing my Network Issue?

Hello,

We have VLANS setup here in which I did not set them up. I don't have that kind of knowleadge. Anyway, I used to be able to not only ping to any computer on the .10 subnet, but print to the printer as well. Like for two months I cannot print to the printer in that subnet anymore and I don't know why. I've discovered I can ping 1 machine .72 so far but that's it. Also notice how the firewall goes in and out of the .9.3 switch. I have to believe this is not normal, but I don't this is the problem cause it's been like that ever since we've move to this building. I don't know why the network engineer did it that way but it works so he must have his reasons. Could it be a VLAN setting or switch issue?

Please have a look at my attached diagram and see if you have an idea about what I can look at or do to fix this?

I have attached as a jpg file.

TIA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mudd; 7th May 2009, 18:39.

Re: Network Issue

Don't know what the firewall is but it may be working as your router on a stick or doing something like that anyway.
    For me the best place to start is that device, at least from that diagram. Can you not get onto it mate?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      Don't know what the firewall is but it may be working as your router on a stick or doing something like that anyway.
      For me the best place to start is that device, at least from that diagram. Can you not get onto it mate?
      I can, but what do I look for or how do I check.

Comment

First thing I would do is back it up (not sure what device it is) and then reboot it.

What are its route statements etc. Anything about the internal networks etc?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X