No announcement yet.

how to connect three offices???

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to connect three offices???

please bear with me with some pateince as i tell you the whole problem.
    we have three offices in three different cities. all ofices have broadband connections. all have LAN connections and all have 5 computers(desktops). all have IBM system x3200 servers for LAN.
    now the problem is:
    1. that is all we know
    2. we want to connect all offices with each other so that they can share data as they do by LAN
    3. we want all offices to be able to access net as well; all the time along with this sharing ability.
    kindly help us out. whatever you tell us to help us out please start from step 0 (as by now you must have realised we know nothing)
    Last edited by ashutosh17; 4th May 2009, 10:24.

Re: how to connect three offices???

Most decent routers should support Site to Site VPNs -- everyone has their preference, but I like NetGear Prosafe's

Set up A to B, A to C and B to C and all three sites will share fairly easily

I assume each site is a different subnet using NAT and you have static external IPs?

Are you using Active Directory
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **