Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netgear FVS series vpn firewall needs to be reset

Hello all...
    Ive got 4-5 Netgear Prosafe VPN/Firewall units (FVS series) in different locations, all installed very similarly. DSL Modem--->Netgear FVS--->dumb switch--->clients (ranging from 2 to 10).
    The issue here is : the whole system runs great for about a week... then the users cannot access the internet. After power-cycling the netgear box, all is well for about another week. Ive tried replacing DSL modems, and even replaced the netgear units with the same result. Is there some setting Im missing with NAT ? I dont get it.... any help would be great.

Keith

Re: Netgear FVS series vpn firewall needs to be reset

It seems to be a netgear issue that the box gradually locks
    I have the same on different FVS and DGFV series -- loses some features, then all
    I assume its memory management in the OS but netgear cant help

Rebooting on schedule is my workaround
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Netgear FVS series vpn firewall needs to be reset

We installed a few of these to do site-to-site IPSec tunnels to an ISA Server for branch offices. Had a few teething issues and had to reboot them a few times but they've been pretty solid since then. We installed about 3 months ago, it's the FVS318 we're using.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
      X