Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network or Software problem?

HI all expert,

I have a major issue here with my office network. Below are some info related:

I have a database server installed ERP system used by 35 users. Users complain that they have request timeout during using the system. We found out that if one of the user is saving a process (DO --> which will automated generate INV and minus stock), the rest of the user will get timeout error message. The DO saved took up to 1 to 2 hour time to save and sometime appear request timeout.

We took many diff kind of testing including running the system in the database server (No problem - 2 min), discconect all user session and connect only 1 user to use the system and we found out that the LAN adapter from the server bandwidth taken up to 20% (Task Manager). This result complete in 20 mins. We do another testing with a smaller database and it only take around 5 mins to do the job from the same client. The different between these 2 database it that the first one is 8GB and the second one is 1GB using SQL Server 2000.

I scratch head also cant figure out what would be the issue causes. Did anyone experience it before?

First come to my mind is either the layer 1 switch had caused the slowness or the system itself generating a huge data or packet transfer during the process and cause bottleneck to the server LAN adapter.

I want some opinion...

Cheers

Re: Network or Software problem?

Hi,

In general i'd say just add more Memory but
    I would suggest you try SPA 2.0 from : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

It's a performance analyser tool from MS that might give you a better insight of any possible bottlenecks.

Cheers
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
    X