matching up external ip adress to internal ip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matching up external ip adress to internal ip

my internal ip is 192.168.1.103... my external ip is 67.129.233.202.. im trying to host a game on game spy arcade and it says that this might cause me to not be able to.. since i couldnt host a game i was wondering whether this might be the cause. If so how could i fix it.

Re: matching up external ip adress to internal ip

You may have to open up some ports on your router in order to host a game on your computer. I'm sure this is detailed on GameSpy's help area.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Check out this GameSpyArcade.com help page. Particulary the portions towards the end under "Supported Network Configurations" including the pictures to illustrate the potential network setups. Does the internal IP that you are referring to belong to a PC or an XBox?
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

And don't forget our good friends at Port Forward. http://portforward.com/ Used them a couple of times on unfamiliar routers.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X