No announcement yet.

One way access

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way access

We have multiple V-LANs setup. I can ping machines in the 10.10.9.x subnet from the 10.10.10.x subnet, but I can't ping 10.10.10x machines from the 10.10.9.x subnet.

We have a firewall (Fortinet 100a) and everything seems setup right in the policlies and such. Can this problem reside on the switch itself where the V-LANs are setup?

Any help is appreciated.

Win Vista machines
    Win 2k3 servers
    VLAN switches
    Fortinet Firewall.

Re: One way access

I'm not an expert on this but I first thought it was a routing rule issue but then you wouldn't be able to ping at all.

Are there any client firewalls on the 10.10.10.x subnet dropping ICMP traffic. Also, can they ping each other on that subnet?

The computers on that subnet are fine, it's just that I used to be able to print to a printer on that subnet (10.10.10.x) from (10.10.9.x) but now can't.

I can ping the DG but can't get anywhere beyond that. I checked the switches and saw a lot of errors (on both switches) like loss connections to multiple devices on port #. and "allignment errors" with other CRC type errors.

Do you think a restart on the switch(s) will help?

The only arm it will possibly do is make connectivity slightly slower for a while, if it needs to configure its ARP table again, depending on how it stores it, but go for it. Good place to start.