Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fortigate 100A - Assign Internal IPs to WAN1 -or- WAN2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortigate 100A - Assign Internal IPs to WAN1 -or- WAN2?

Greetings!

I have a Fortigate 100A that is currently configured with two WAN connections. WAN1 is a T-1, WAN2 is a Cable Modem. I have inherited this setup and am trying to make it more efficient.

What I would like to do is have the IP addresses of the local servers (x.x.x.2 through x.x.x.10) use WAN1 exclusively, then have the remainder of the network (various user workstations and devices) use WAN2.

I have tried several combinations of Routes (Static and Policy) with no luck. I am able to switch the entire network back and forth between WAN1 and WAN2 (useful when our T-1 went down last week) but nothing per IP.

Is this possible with this box?

If possible, what is the best method to accomplish this goal?

Can it be done with all of the IP addresses remaining in the same subnet (not using DMZs etc.)?

Thank you!

Dave

Re: Fortigate 100A - Assign Internal IPs to WAN1 -or- WAN2?

You should be able to do this via Policy route for say that segment eg.

192.168.1.9 - 192.168.1.14 / 29

Comment

Re: Fortigate 100A - Assign Internal IPs to WAN1 -or- WAN2?

For some reason I thought I'd tried policy routes already with no success... but this time I tried it and it worked like a champ. Thanks for your suggestion!

For the time being I've got my two WAN interfaces as a static route with destinations of 0.0.0.0 and equal distances. Under Policy routes I make a single entry for each of the individual addresses I want on WAN2 (192.168.1.10/255.255.255.255 for example), then a final entry at the end of the list for the rest of the network to be on WAN1 (192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0). Works great!

Thanks again,

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X