VPN Access. Can connect, but not access servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN Access. Can connect, but not access servers

Anyone any idea on this?. Im sure its pretty easy to fix?.

Basically, i have set up VPN access to our internal network. We are using a Draytek Vigor Firewall. I have opened the correct ports to allow vpn access. Vpn passes through to our internal vpn server on a windows 2003 server.

I can connect to the VPN fine to the server. But i cannot access internal resources or ping the internal network.

Internal network: 192.168.1.xxx
    Subnet:255.255.255.xxx
    Gateway: 192.168.1.xxx

I have set up a block of IPs available to be used for VPN through Routing and remote access.

When i connect, i get one of the specified ip address. Details below
    IP WITH THE WINDOWS DIAL UP

PPP Adapter VPN

Connection-Specific DNS Suffix:
    IP Address: 192.168.1.221
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.221

Anyone any idea why i might not be working or how to fix it?. Funny thing is, if i use the Draytek smart vpn client it works perfectly fine.

Re: VPN Access. Can connect, but not access servers

What are you using on the Server 2003 machine as the VPN endpoint? RRAS, ISA, something else?

If it's RRAS, go into the RRAS console, right click the server's icon and go to properties. Click the "General" tab and make sure that both "Router" and "Remote Access Server" are checked. "Lan and demand-dial routing" should also be selected underneath the "Router" check box. Next, click the IP tab and make sure "Enable IP Routing" is checked. Let us know what happens.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

These are all checked already. I have re-booted the RRAS. Will see how it goes tonight. Will give you a nod if it works.

Cheers

Comment

A couple of things to consider. Have you configured the RRAS server as your DHCP relay agent and also how is the IP Address Assignment configured?

Ta
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X