Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP configuration problem to assign each network from a specified ip pool

hi there.
    i want to configure a network shown in following diagram.

i got 3 network connected to a router( i am using routing and remote access in win2k8 ) . in my DHCP server i added 3 scope : 172.168.50.0/24 ;172.16.0.0/16;10.0.0.0/8

then i configured DHCP relay agent for each network mentioned above. i also defined classid for each scope.

what i am i looking for is that i want computers for example in network 10.0.0.0/8 get ip from only DHCP SCOPE range: 10.0.0.0
    and the problem is that all computers in the 10.0.0.0 get ip address from DHCP scope range :172.168.50.0/24

any missed configuration ?
    thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by admiran; 9th February 2009, 11:56.

Re: DHCP configuration problem to assign each network from a specified ip pool

You could have a DHCP server in each subnet.

As far as I am aware, to successfuly do it your way, you are going to either have to find some way of uniquely identifying the systems in each subnet, so you can use DHCP classes or use MAC addresses from NICs and reserve the addresses in DHCP.

Comment

I would get rid of the DHCP relay agents on the servers and set up the ip-helper-address on the router.

Comment

Hi,

As Joe said, It seems like you are wasting those three servers. You can use the main router as a DHCP relay agent (With the Ip helper command) and also route the different subnets you have there.
        And also, I noticed that on the Relay agents the DHCP server was configured as IP 192.168.100.30 when in fact it shows as 192.168.100.40 ( might be a typo!).

Cheers
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I just noticed that too and that may be the problem.

Comment

oh yes that was just a mistake in drawing.. sorry about that.. the correct ip for dhcp server is :192.168.100.30

well . thanks for you helps , that was very useful i think i am going to study a little bit about ip helper command,

Comment

Working...
            X