No announcement yet.

IP over Fake NAT

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP over Fake NAT

i would like to know if and how can i build a "fake" NAT to my computer over
    a network so i will be able to watch my WEBCAMXP from internet
    i have an internal ip and a Webcam connected to it .
    the Webcamxp is publishing the video over IE

how can i do it ?

Re: IP over Fake NAT

I'm not entirely certain what you mean by "fake NAT". It seems to me that "true NAT" would be just fine. Just use port forwarding from your firewall to your desktop PC.
    • Is this in a home or workplace environment?
    • If it's for a workplace environment, are you part of the IT department?
    • What firewall / router are you dealing with?
    • What port does your webcam software publish the webcam page on and can it be changed?

I've done this with my laptop at home. I used software called YAWcam on my laptop to publish the webcam video to a web page and then simply used port forwarding in my LinkSys router to forward the appropriate port traffic to my laptop. Voilą! Instant privacy invasion.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow:

thanks , at home i know how to do it
      but at work i will not open the FW for this
      i once had a software that did somthing like this ,
      my camera is on port 80

So if I'm reading this right:

When you are at work, you'd like to check out the web cam that's at your house?
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Originally posted by tulik23 View Post
          but at work i will not open the FW for this
          i once had a software that did somthing like this
          If you're not going to open a port, then it can't be done. The software you used before either opened that port in your firewall, or it opened a different one and tunneled the data.

Please can you explain exactly what your setup is though, as it's not at all clear from your posts. Is Wired's interpretation correct? If so, then you don't need to open any ports at work, you just need to forward the relevant port on your firewall at home.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.