Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with netgear modem+router

Hello!

i have a netgear CVG824G v2 Wireless Cable Voice Gateway, but i dont know how to use it. I alredy use a Netgear router and it's working correctly, but i still have an old Webstar modem. I have this netgear modem and router, I pluged in all cables and i could connect to it typing in FF 192.168.0.1 , similar like with my netgear router. But there is no setup wizard. And i could not connect to the internet. i could not find a instalation guide or a installation cd on Netgear home page. Can any one tell me how to configure this gateway so that it would work correctly?

Re: Problems with netgear modem+router

What did you see when you navigated to 192.168.0.1?

Have you tried resetting the gateway to its factory state with the reset button?

The documentation will be available from the Netgear website.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Just log into it with http://192.168.0.1 admin for the username and password for the password or 1234

when ur in click basic settings and enter ur isp info manually.

Have u tried that?
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

He's been able to connect to it but has not been able to access any form of setup, hence my suggestion to restore it to the factory state. I'm not familiar with that model, but I've never had a consumer Netgear product that hasn't bricked itself at some point.
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

When i connected to the gateway ( 192.168.0.1 ) I logged in with the deflaut login ( admin ) and password ( password ). I could manage the gateway ( bacis setting, advanced etc ) but i couldnt find a setup wizard. Becouse i dont know how to configure it by myself i could not do anything else. I restored the factory setting by holding the reset button for 10 seconds. I will try to enter the isp manually ( what ever it is :P ) I will search in google. Thanks for the replies. I will write what happend when i entered the isp as soon as possible.

Comment

Are you in the UK? I'm assuming it's an ADSL modem... if that's the case then the default settings are usually correct and you just need to enter your username and password. If that doesn't work, phone your ISP for support.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

CVG824G v2 usually these type of modem are manufacture for specially for ISP.. I think your ISP May be Talktalk or virgin media (NTL) ? if
              you reset the modem also the defaulPasword is assigned by ur ISP.. not used by default netgear

Comment

Working...
              X