Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove the "Save Password" checkbox

Hi,
    Is there a way I can have the Save Password check box removed from the Microsoft VPN Client? We have a lot of users that check this off although it is against company policy. It would be great if I could create a GPO or a registry hack that could remove this. We have also created our own MS VPN client install can this be done in this too?

Re: Remove the "Save Password" checkbox

Well it was a simple registry key that we needed to add. Very simple to add via a Startup Script.

Comment

Good job on figuring it out yourself! You managed something that 34,000 of our members couldn't help you with so it really was well done.

Any chance you can post the key here to help members with this issue in the future?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

My apologies I should have posted the solution too, that way other could benefit.

The registry value you need to add is under: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Para meters
        Add a Dword and name it "DisableSavePassword" and give it a value of 1.

I created a very simple startup script that is just a batch file. Looks like this:
        Code:
        reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Parameters /v DisableSavePassword /t REG_DWORD /d 1
        Running as a startup script you do not need to worry about User rights since it runs as the System account.

Comment

Thanks rever75. Have some points as a way of thanks.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by rever75 View Post
            Hi,
            Is there a way I can have the Save Password check box removed from the Microsoft VPN Client? We have a lot of users that check this off although it is against company policy. It would be great if I could create a GPO or a registry hack that could remove this. We have also created our own MS VPN client install can this be done in this too?
            Too bad that I didn't see this post earlier. You can change quite a bit of a VPN connectoid's functionality by creating one via the CMAK. Here's a pretty instruction sheet with screenshots. Here's TechNet's CMAK "book". Here's the TechNet "book" concerning deploying the CMAK clients. It all ultimately edits the registry... as does anything you edit in Windows.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
              Too bad that I didn't see this post earlier. You can change quite a bit of a VPN connectoid's functionality by creating one via the CMAK. Here's a pretty instruction sheet with screenshots. Here's TechNet's CMAK "book". Here's the TechNet "book" concerning deploying the CMAK clients. It all ultimately edits the registry... as does anything you edit in Windows.
              Wow - brilliant. All bookmarked! Thanks
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
              X