Network path not found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network path not found

All workstations see each other (ping) and appear on workgroup computers along with the server (2003 ent. sp2), yet none of them can ping the server. The server can ping all the stations. When I try to open the server I get networth path was not found. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Network path not found

Check the firewall settings on the server?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by sergenet View Post
      All workstations see each other (ping) and appear on workgroup computers along with the server (2003 ent. sp2), yet none of them can ping the server. The server can ping all the stations. When I try to open the server I get networth path was not found. Any help would be appreciated.
      That means that some firewall on windows 2003 server is filtering incoming ICMP frames

Comment

There are no other firewalls on the server.

Comment

Windows firewall is disabled. When I try to open it, I get the error:
          Windows firewall cannot run because another program or service is running that might use the network address translation component (Ipnat.sys)

Comment

How have you tried pinging the server. By name or IP?
            Is DNS running on the server, or router (if one)?
            Post IPCONFIG /ALL from a workstation and from the server. Screen capture saved to JPG format will do. (Use ALT + PRT SCREEN on the Console window)
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X