Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Vista - Cannot connect to internet periodically...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista - Cannot connect to internet periodically...

After running for sometime, I'm not able to access to the internet evethough the system show that it is still connected. The strange thing is I notice the bittorrent is still downloading. But I just could not acccess to the Internet unless I do a restart. I have disable the power mgmt on the Network adapter but that doesn't seems to help.

Have anyone come across such issue? Pls advise.

Thank you.

Re: Windows Vista - Cannot connect to internet periodically...

Does it work if you stop the bit torrent and wait a minute or so?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Nope... it doesn't help. I need to restart my PC in order to access the internet.

Comment

Anything in the event log? Do you have a firewall running? Can you ping external web pages IPs when you lose internet access?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I'm not able to ping any website even if I turn off the firewall on my AVG. The error I found on the event viewer is ID 4621.

Comment

Just realize something strange..... I suspect the problem lies with the Bittorrent application that is running. When it's running, all my PC and laptop cannot access the internet. After I close the Bittorrent application, the internet connection went back to normal.

It doesn't make sense as how can the Bittorrent application affect all Internet connection!

Comment

Originally posted by alize77 View Post
              Just realize something strange..... I suspect the problem lies with the Bittorrent application that is running. When it's running, all my PC and laptop cannot access the internet. After I close the Bittorrent application, the internet connection went back to normal.

It doesn't make sense as how can the Bittorrent application affect all Internet connection!
              It could be putting too much of a burden on your internet connection to run properly, thus causing everyone to drop their connection.
              MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Originally posted by boondock View Post
                It could be putting too much of a burden on your internet connection to run properly, thus causing everyone to drop their connection.
                That's pretty strange as I don't encounter this issue prior the upgrade from Win XP Pro.

Comment

Strange.....

Just speculation here but maybe XP was more prohibitive on the bandwidth it allowed for the bittorrent app.

At any rate, it does sound like the symptoms you get when something monopolizes your bandwidth. You saying that the Internet starts working again after you stop the bittorent indicates to me that it's using all the available bandwidth.
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                  Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                  www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I did some search online and it seems to be due to the tcpip.sys restriction on the number of concurrent connection. However, there doens't seems to be a solution for there!

Comment

Interesting problem. Here are a few links I found after Googling your post. Note: I don't know anything about these web sites or the patches they are offering so proceed at your own risk.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/0...nection-limit/

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/N...utoPatch.shtml

http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-tcpip-max-limit.html

Comment

Working...
                      X