Trying to configure WAP through VPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to configure WAP through VPN

i recently upgraded firmware on one of the linksys wap's at one of our remote sites. after upgrading the firmware, i am unable to access the unit remotely to check configurations. i connect through a ssl vpn client to the network and each site is on its own subnet (192.168.2.,192.168.3.192.168.4...). this site is on a 192.168.54. subnet and before the wap had a static ip address of 192.168.54.5. now, i am unable to ping that ip or access settings via browser. i know that the wap is on the network and getting internet access because someone reported that they were able to access internet wirelessly with no issues but cannot get ip address of wap since it does not have dhcp enabled. the problem is that the site is 3 hours away and don't really want to have to drive there to reset it and reconfigure. i have had the site power cycle the wap several times but have not reset it. i have scanned subnet with ip scanner and have not really found anything. any ideas? thanks in advance.

Re: Trying to configure WAP through VPN

I am not sure if you have tried this, but see if someone will cycle the power on the the unit. Then try to access.
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Re: Trying to configure WAP through VPN

It sounds like the settings might have been reset due to the firmware upgrade. Usually the settings are a seperate config file, so the settings are kept after an upgrade like you are hoping for, but it all depends on which vendor and model of WAP you are using. Some even give you the option just before you upgrade on keeping or erasing settings, but I can't remember what upgrading a linksys is like again.

Comment

Working...
      X