Router VPN tunnels and/or SIP traffic lockup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router VPN tunnels and/or SIP traffic lockup

For months I have been dealing with our Linksys WRV200 locking up the VPN tunnels and/or stopping SIP traffic from our VoIP PBX every few days.

Here is my setup:
    1. Location A is main office w/VoIP PBX server & multiple Linksys 942's
    2. VoIP PBX & SIP devices connect directly to a Linksys WRV200 VPN router.
    3. WRV200 connects directly to broadband service provider modem w/ static IP.
    4. WRV200 has IPsec tunnels to 4 remote locations each having SIP device.
    a. Each off premise location using WRV200 as well is configured as different octet (remote secure group): location B 192.168.2.0 : location C 192.168.3.0 : location D 192.168.4.0

At any given time but generally every few days, the router at location A locks up on SIP registration traffic and then VPN tunnels quit as well......but only at office location. This causes the remote offices to lose the phone service and ability to provide customer service. During this time, no loss of internet traffic and MTR shows "no" lost packets as well. I have replaced the office WRV200 3 times and get same results. Never have I had any issues with equip. at remote locations for it is always in the office. After rebooting only the office router, generally everything starts working again right away.

Can anyone share they thoughts as to what my problem may be? Do I need a better quality of VPN router in the office? If so, suggestions? Would a Cisco Pix 501 work?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

-Jeff

Re: Router VPN tunnels and/or SIP traffic lockup

Without digging into your specific issue.........that router happens to be, IMHO, the worst Linksys product ever. I would go with rv042 (or above).
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion....ordered the RV042 this morning! Hopefully this will end the misery and will post results.

-Jeff

Comment

Lior_S,

Your suggestion worked! Using the RV042 has proven to be a good investment...no lockups or SIP registration issues since being turned up 13 day ago!

-Jeff

Comment

Glad to hear it, thanks for the follow-up, it is much appreciated.
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
          X