Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote access to home computer

Hi.

I am wondering all time why it's not possible to reach any (in my case it my computer) home computer from WAN? For example: I know my current IP, and i tring to ask netmeeting from another computer on WAN. What happen? May be my provider use NAT?

Re: Remote access to home computer

You can use LogMeIn, it's a simple solution and I believe it's free. It will download a client on your home PC and when you need to access it, you go to LogMeIn.com and access your home PC.

That's the easy way around it at least.
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

How are you trying to access your home PC? Just by netmeeting? Do you have the ports forwarded in your home router to your PC's IP? Is the IP static?
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If you are using XP Pro you can just use RD. You'll need to do port forwarding on your firewall.

Forward port 3389 to LOCAL ip of your computer. That should do it.

If home version you will need something linke VNC or LogMeIn,

hth
        Leave 'reputation' when deserved :

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
          How are you trying to access your home PC? Just by netmeeting? Do you have the ports forwarded in your home router to your PC's IP? Is the IP static?
          Thank you for responce.
          The IP is dynamic, hovewer I know it every time I tried to connect.
          I tried to use netmeeting and remote access,
          My PC has XP pro.
          But generaly, is it possible to connect directly between two clients with dinamic IP on WAN?

Comment

if you don't want to use logmein, the way to constantly know your IP is by using dyndns.org or no-ip.com
            ________
            DENTAL INSURANCE FORUM
            Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:06.
            Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
              How Do you have the ports forwarded in your home router to your PC's IP?
              Please answer the question. If you do not have the ports forwarded, then you will never get into your computer, as the router will not know where to send the request to.
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks to all,

Finaly I solved this,
                Actually i have froward ports to my PC, but they were blocked at same time by wirewall on my router cisco873

Comment

Working...
                X