No announcement yet.

School neteork help

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School neteork help

Since school started, the school network in my dorm has been hell. There is some kind of firewall that I just cannot get around. Heres the deal: The network is decent and normal downloads are decently fast(.5-1mbps), but for gaming and torrents, it is miserable. Games are ok when you can get on the server, but I can only get on 30-40% of the servers that are listed, and for torrents, no matter the client I do not get more that 25kbps. I am led to believe that this is a firewall problem because of a few reasons, game consoles run fine on the network and every one and a while(about 10 times) a torrent has gotten through and will download at 1-2mbps for a few minutes and then go back to slow again. This is the same situation for my everyone on my hall, and IT will not help. I am asking for some help because I know nothing when it comes to networks. I do know that it is a cisco network. Are there any programs out there that can get me past the firewall or get a open network port? any improvement over this would be awesome. thanks.

Re: School neteork help

Well I seriously doubt that anyone here is going to help you "hack" your school network and if they do they'll probably wind up banned for it. Maybe you should think about what it would be like for someone to hack your network, or your ipod, or break into your home or your car because that is essentially what you are asking us to help you do. If you think that this is not a serious issue then hold tight, I'll be right over to take what I want from your dorm room, after all a little "hacking" never hurt anyone, right? Maybe you should concentrate on your studies and stop wasting your parents money playing games and illegally downloading mp3's and movies.

This thread is now being monitored.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015

We are not going to help you to hack.
        Contact you're admin to help you or play you're games at home.
        Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Even by asking that question here you damage the reputation of and every professional IT person who posts here. Begone.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Thread closed

Michael Armstrong
            MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **