No announcement yet.

Laptop Connectivity Issues [was:Oh My Dayzzzzzz!!!]

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Connectivity Issues [was:Oh My Dayzzzzzz!!!]

Hi everyone
    Can't see anything like this topic anywhere so hope I'm not duplicating!
    I have a wireless network with my desktop and laptop computer's which I installed a couple of years ago and which has been great so far.

I haven't used my laptop in a while after I formatted it to try and get rid of the partition created by the manufacturer! Anyway, I now find that I cannot get it to connect and I get messages saying that my network cables (?!) to both the Wi Fi and Ethernet thingies are disconnected! I have tried reformatting in case I've accidentally removed something (using the supplied discs from Acer) and I've uninstalled both items in device manager and rebooted to make them pick back up, which they did....but still I can't connect to the wireless network! Am now at a loss and could use a few suggestions please? I'm not a very technical person but I have a very basic idea of things so if anyone can help I would be mist grateful.
    Thanks in Advance.
    MV x
    P.S. Desktop is fine...just the lappy playing silly wotsits.
    Last edited by midnightvelvet; 15th January 2008, 05:49.

Re: Oh My Dayzzzzzz!!!

midnightvelvet ,

Next time please use a better topic title and read the forum rules:

3) Give your post a good topic (or subject line), reflecting the question's intentions

Bad examples:
    For example, if you use a topic like
    or a stupid subject line like
    Windows 2000 help
    I will personally kick you out of here. So is using idioting topic titles such as
    I hate Microsoft
    I don't care about your love relations with Bill, I do care for my forums. Other people need to know what the thread is about, and using stupid titles like these won't help.
    Bad subject lines usually tell us it's a poorly written question. We don't like that.

Good example:
    On the contrary, using a topic like this one
    Help in recovering local admin pwd on WinXP SP2 floppyless laptop
    Will actually bring people in, the ones that know the answer, and also those who do not, but would like to find what the answer is.
    Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Laptop Connectivity Issues [was:Oh My Dayzzzzzz!!!]

Here come some daft question but they need asked.

Can you see the wireless network froom your laptop??

Is your wireless card turned on?? Most laptops have a switch where the wireless can be turned off and on.

What type of wireless card is it??

Have you downloaded the latest drivers and tried them??

Re: Laptop Connectivity Issues [was:Oh My Dayzzzzzz!!!]

Just to add to one of Wullie's questions, on some Acer models the wireless on/off button is next to one of the catches that opens the laptop (on the right side of the chassis). It is very easy to turn wireless off when opening the laptop.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015