Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding used IP addresses on different subnet mask?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding used IP addresses on different subnet mask?

I have a linksys access point connected to my router. The access point I know has a 192.168.1.xxx address and my router has 192.168.2.1 address. My access point works fine and wierd as it sound it pc connect to it and get to the router and onto the internet fine. But I would like to try to find its actual ip address but not sure I if I can do it if all my pcs doing a ping sweep are on 192.168.2.1xx but the access point is on 192.168.1.xxx. Is there anyway to find the IP address of the access point using a ping sweep with out doing a reset of the access point?
    Also my subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

Re: Finding used IP addresses on different subnet mask?

Go into the AP's web interface and check the admin area. There's a list of computers that are connected. Something tells me you don't have encryption set up?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Try 192.168.1.254 as that is the usual default IP of a Linksys AP.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Unfortunately I changed the ipaddress and I do not know what I changed it to. I know it is 192.168.1.xxx The issue is I cannot telnet to it without knowing the IP address and I cannot change the IP address without telneting to it or resetting it.
        The big question is can you ping sweep across subnets? Because If I could I could ping sweep it. I used a ping sweep script that petri shows but it did not find it because I think the PC i am running the sweep is on the 192.168.2 sub net and my AP is on the .1 supnet. My question is does that make sense that routers will not let you ping across subnets?

Comment

If you know the name of the device then you could try pinging the name and see what the reply is. This assumes that the IP is on the appropriate subnet.

OR, as per the manual instructions, hold in the Reset button on the back of the device and return it to Factory Default.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You could try using AngryIP Scanner.

Comment

Working...
            X