Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 254 PC

Hello,
    I would like to ask what I have to do in order to have more than 254 pc in the same network.
    I have 300 pc with static IP (for example 172.100.100.1-254) and I have one proxy server (dsl router 172.100.100.1 and one dns server 172.200.200.1).
    How am I suppose to have all the pc's in the same network(all pc's is more than 300).

Thanks

Re: Over 254 PC

What is your subnet mask?

Comment

keep the 24 bit subnet mask & incorporate vlans - this one's alot of work!
      you'll need a layer 3 switch to handle routing & you can use a different subnet for each dept or floor or whichever way you'd like to segment the network

Comment

Originally posted by pabloMD View Post
        keep the 24 bit subnet mask & incorporate vlans - this one's alot of work!
        you'll need a layer 3 switch to handle routing & you can use a different subnet for each dept or floor or whichever way you'd like to segment the network
        And what is wrong using a 23bit mask? All that needs to be changed is a new DHCP scope with the appropriate IP range and new Mask, any Static IPs (change masks) and reboot the DSL Router.

If you think you may need more IPs in the future choose a 22 bit mask.

Check it out with this online calculator. http://www.subnet-calculator.com/cidr.php
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thank you all...

biggles77 the calculator is very usefull.....

Comment

You are more than welcome. Please post back and let us know how you got on with your setup.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X