Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share folder in diffrent Domain

Hello

3 people in our company need access to folder that located in different domain in US, in a different company.

il be asked to find a good suggestion to give that users a fast why to work with that folder My offer to them was VPN connection but the VPN connection are very slowly and thay work on that folder by daily to open excel file take 4 min and to save that file take 6 min.

site to site VPN have the same problem (slowly)

i heard that have some mirror folder but i dont find any article about that.

what is the good solution for that.

1.both company's have domain 2003

thanks

Re: Share folder in diffrent Domain

Consider testing the speed of a file copy without the VPN. (Just copy some junk files.) If this is slow the link is at fault. If there is a noticable difference then blame the VPN and see if you can assign more bandwidth to it.

What is the nature of the work that must be carried out on this file? Does everyone work on it at the same time? Can it be FTP'd to one of the site or a site between? Can it be copied by the person using it their their local pc and just they use it? Can supervisors manage the document to insure it is synchronised/merged correctly? Do both offices need to write to it?
    I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
    Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

i test it and its slow,

they working on that folder by daily 3 users at the same time they need R/W permission on that folder also 5 users in US access to that folder.

FTP is not an option beacuse FTP work cleare text and that folder are very important.

i think to give them a RDP to the server in US with VPN connection.

how it sound?

any more ideas?

Comment

You could try investigate why it is a slow connection (any bottlenecks? tracert might help some). Then look at upgrading the connection or clearing bottlenecks.
        If the connection is slow any solution will be built on that slowness.

One solution which might cause issues at the other US company's site is to have the file stored someplace between both companies. This way neither company gets to access it quickly but it might reduce the delay to an acceptable level for your own people.

Do both companies need to access the file at the same time? Perhaps if there are timezone differences you could have the file copied and have the users use it locally then once they are finished it is copied back to the other site.
        I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
        Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

We are using kind of same scenario in our network where users Documents are saved and synced on a server, its all happening on a VPN. Our data center has a 3Mbps shared connection and all sites aprrox 45 sites have VPN connection to our data center. All sites have either cable/DSL or T1.

Network is not setup the best way but opening and closing documents works ok. You can create a trust between two domains and setup that folder as offline folder and/or use Share point.

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X