Web connectivity problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web connectivity problem

At Work we have a website that one of our depts uses to order certain products from time to time. However we're having a problem, that has been nagging us for about a month now, the users can get to the main domain page, however when they navigate through the site, (non secure areas) The web browser just cannot connect to the site. This problem only appears to be happening on our internal LAN, we have been 100% successful in reaching and navigating the site off of our network. Example being: my manager attempted to reach a certain part on the page on the LAN, and it failed; and then attempted to reach the SAME EXACT PAGE on a computer off of our network, and it worked fine. I want to say it's something in our LAN, probably a router or something. Could someone point me in the direction of where to troubleshoot. I have tried to ping and tracert all the websites, and the tracert appears to be dropping somewhere before it hits the WAN and goes to the internet, so I'm almost partial to say it's on our LAN, Any help is appreciated, if more information is needed just say so. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Web connectivity problem

Question
    What type of router do you have are you running DNS on any of your server

Comment

Re: Web connectivity problem

It could also be a Dirty DNS Cache issue. If you have rebooted and still have the issue I would run ipconfig /flushdns to clear the cache (reboots are supposed to clear it but I have seen it fail).

Also if you host your own DNS, ot probably wouldn't hurt the clear the cache on the server. (either by restarting the DNS Service or Manually Clearing the Cache)

Also can you access, ping, trace route other sites/computers in the troubled network?

Hope this helps,

Nate
      Hope this helps.

Nate

My advice is provided AS IS, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
      X