Separate wireless access point from the rest of the network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separate wireless access point from the rest of the network

I want to setup an access point that can be used by customers to access the internet but not our corporate network. The access point I have is a Linksys WAP54GP. We also have a basic Adtran router / firewall that acts as the networks gateway. Not sure if this can be done via routing or VLANs or what.,
    Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Backspace
    Hindsight is 20/20 foresight is what matters

Re: Separate wireless access point from the rest of the network

Backspace,

This sounds a lot like what I am doing with Cisco Clean Access, I am using VLAN's to separate students/staff/guests from each other.

I looked up the Access Point on Linksys's site and found a data sheet that states it is VLAN capable. Linksys AP Site (Click the Data Sheet PDF).

As for VLAN support with the Adtran, what model is it? I have never worked with Adtran's and have no clue on their capabilities.

Also on a side note, will the AP be connecting directory to the Adtran or will it pass through switches? If the traffic will be passed through switches they too will have to support VLAN's. Another concern would be how would the "guests" be assigned their IP Addresses? (again not sure if the Adtran can do this never worked with them)

Hope this helps a bit.

Nate
    Hope this helps.

Nate

My advice is provided AS IS, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X