Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Adapter Issue

Hi,

I have a BT Wireless USB adapter connected to one of my home machines which talks to the wireless router in the other room. The problem is that the machine that has the wireless adapter on, when it is shut down and turned on another time the wireless adapter fails to be detected manually and you have to un plug it and plug it back in to the usb port before it will fire up, more of an annoyance than anything, but what can I do to fix this?

It's a BT Voyager 1050 Wirless usb adapter (802.11g)

Any tips would be great.

Thanks

Re: Wireless Adapter Issue

Any idea's?

Comment

Have you tried a different USB Port?
      Have you tried a different adaptor?

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes, I have tried 3 or 4 of the spare port's I have, but not ALL of them...tbh I didn't think it'd make much difference.

And no, I don't have another adaptor.

Cheers

Comment

Hi UKG,
          I'm trying to narrow the problem down to the PC or the adaptor.
          A couple more ideas:
          Are there updated drivers, if so, try them. Or else, if you have recently updated a driver, try using a rollback.

Is there another PC you can test the adaptor on?

Can you check power management to see if the port is being turned off to save power?

TOm
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Tom.

I'll try the suggestions tonight.

Comment

OK, so I have had a look at the power settings on the usb devices (I thought I was on to something here...as they were all 'let the computer turn off the device to save power') after changing them and a restart, same problem. I also updated the drivers by downloading the latest available from the BT website, rather than using the CD it came with, still the same. Checked the BIOS, nothing I could find in there that would cause it, so lastly installed it on another PC and still got the same symptoms....so, it's something with the adaptor then

Comment

Working...
              X