Cisco PIX Firewall and VPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco PIX Firewall and VPN

I connect to my organization LAN from internet trough VPN that is configured on Cisco PIX Firewall in my organization. I installed VPN Cisco dialer on windows xp professional machine that is outside my network LAN and i can astablish VPN connection to Csco PIX from internet, but i can't ping any of my local machines or servers inside my LAN in case that windows xp firewall is enabled on machine from wich i started a VPN connection (windows xp outside my LAN) . When i disable windows xp builtin firewall i can ping machines on my local LAN.
    I should know what ports i have to open on my xp firewall to enable connections when my xp firewall is enabled.
    Last edited by lima; 28th January 2006, 12:22.

Re: Cisco PIX Firewall and VPN

Don't know what your saying.

Forum Rules do ask that you ask question in english

Comment

Well if you can get your Cisco VPN client to lock on - you do not have to do anything else, you're in! If you need to reach your pc from there, and you are on a different subnet, try something like vnc, pc anywhere or remote desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by lima
        I connect to my organization LAN from internet trough VPN that is configured on Cisco PIX Firewall in my organization. I installed VPN Cisco dialer on windows xp professional machine that is outside my network LAN and i can astablish VPN connection to Csco PIX from internet, but i can't ping any of my local machines or servers inside my LAN in case that windows xp firewall is enabled on machine from wich i started a VPN connection (windows xp outside my LAN) . When i disable windows xp builtin firewall i can ping machines on my local LAN.
        I should know what ports i have to open on my xp firewall to enable connections when my xp firewall is enabled.
        If you say you can ping machines with the XP firewall off then why not just turn off the firewall for your VPN connection? Leave it on for other connections.
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by lima
          If i understand you correctly you cannot ping from your machine when YOUR firewall is enabled.

Seems strange because the XP firewall doesn't track outbound connections only incoming.

Have you tried to disable the firewall on the actuall Cisco VPN connection?? This should be under the advanced tab on your connections properties.

Comment

Working...
          X