Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3g Modem - 3G router & Port forwarding

Hi guys,

Im trying to setup port forwarding on my 3G donger (modem currently with o2) which is connected to a 3G router as I understand it a lot of these mobile data companies block all incoming ports for what ever reason (they say its to avoid mis-use).

Has anyone had any experience of this and can either recommend a UK based service which allow incoming connections OR do you know of an open apn used on O2? Trying to talk to their "gurus" is useless as they haven't got a clue what Im on about.

Thanks
    Last edited by 5habbaranks; 25th April 2014, 08:55. Reason: typo

Re: 3g Modem - 3G router & Port forwarding

I'm moving this to the networking section for a possibly better response - sorry, can't offer you any amazing advice except to try some of the O2 forums to see if their user base is better than their gurus
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: 3g Modem - 3G router & Port forwarding

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      I'm moving this to the networking section for a possibly better response - sorry, can't offer you any amazing advice except to try some of the O2 forums to see if their user base is better than their gurus

Thanks and no worries. It would appear that the majority of 3G based internet providers block all incoming ports as a standard. What is even stranger is, you cant buy a sim with a static IP from the providers but you can buy a sim with a static ip from a 3rd party - strange.

The solution is to go down this route as the fixed IP sim cards don't have any NAT'ing and all ports are managed as you want them which is ideal

Comment

Working...
      X