please help,Linksys router took out exchange server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help,Linksys router took out exchange server

I'm not sure what happened here but for a little while now I have been unable to http into my Linksys e900 wireless router. So the other day I reset and reinstalled it.

Everything seemed to go well, I can now web into it and all machines are getting to the internet. But Exchange no longer receives mail.

The router is sitting behind a Comcast business SMC router. SO I have a static IP.

I am port forwarding 25 and 587 inside the Linksys to the exchange server. I have tried to clone the mac of the Comcast router and tried just a dhcp connection. Both work fine for the internet but still do not seem to allow incoming mail through....Am I missing something here?

please help,Linksys router took out exchange server

I'm not sure what happened here but for a little while now I have been unable to http into my Linksys e900 wireless router. So the other day I reset and reinstalled it.

Everything seemed to go well, I can now web into it and all machines are getting to the internet. But Exchange no longer receives mail.

The router is sitting behind a Comcast business SMC router. SO I have a static IP.

I am port forwarding 25 and 587 inside the Linksys to the exchange server. I have tried to clone the mac of the Comcast router and tried just a dhcp connection. Both work fine for the internet but still do not seem to allow incoming mail through....Am I missing something here?

Comment

Re: please help,Linksys router took out exchange server

Originally posted by Merlin_78704 View Post

Its not really an exchange issue more a networking issues. I'll report it for moving from here.

Is the external IP address of the router the same??

From what I can gather from your post your setup is like this

Exchange <-> Linksys Router <-> Comcast Router <-> Internet

Can you telnet on port 25 from an external source to the external IP of the Exchange server?

Is your firewall, presuming there is one, allowing traffic to the exchange server?

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin_78704 View Post

As a user with a decent number of posts you should realise that this forum does NOT allow double posts.

I have answered the one in the Exchange forum and requested that it be moved here.

I will request that this is closed.

Comment

Other thread merged with this one
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Actually even though I have a static IP the address was incremented by one, so I went to my netsol dns servers and changed them.

My Linksys is port forwarding 25 to the server and I can telnet to the server internally, I will check externally later today.

The exchange troubleshooter says it cant see 25 but I am running it on the exchange server itself so not sure if that matters.

Comment

..oh ad yes the setup you mentioned is correct. Linksys behind Comcast to internet

Comment

Solved....The problem was actually my Comcast router...somehow I lost the route between the two natted networks. I added a route within the Comcast router and mail came back up.

Comment

Well done for fixing it, and thanks for posting back
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X