No announcement yet.

Wireless on Domain

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless on Domain

Hey all,

I am setting up a wireless router so people with laptops, tabs, and phones can access the internet while in our building. I do not want them accessing any files on the server, I want the wireless router to dynamically give addresses outside my network. I set it up but its not functioning as I expected. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I have the Wireless router plugged into the Cisco switch, connected to the firewall, to the modem.

I was on a computer attached to the Wireless and found the wireless at address (as expected). I changed the IP Address to my desired While enabling the DHCP and assigning addresses in the range. I then switched my computer(attached to wireless) IP back to my networks address(192.168.168.x). I cannot find the wireless router from this network. When i changed back to 192.168.1.x network, I can find the wireless router at AND

The wireless router is assigning addresses as i want, and properly off my network. I was wondering why I cant see it from my network.

Please advise!
    Last edited by Standard_IT; 27th June 2013, 18:13.

Re: Wireless on Domain

you have no route to that network.

verify this with traceroute.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point