Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask username/password from Linksys Wireless Router when Backing up

Hi,
    When i am trying to backup of my Linksys WAP54G Wireless router it displays a dialog box of username and password, i gives lot of username and password but could not succeeded.

Re: Ask username/password from Linksys Wireless Router when Backing up

I assume its looking for the "administrator" credentials set on the device. You must not be using the right credentials.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

"Lot of usernames and passwords" does not mean you are using the right one
      for the default credentials for the device.
      If they have been changed, you may have to reset it to default settings
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        "Lot of usernames and passwords" does not mean you are using the right one
        for the default credentials for the device.
        If they have been changed, you may have to reset it to default settings
        attaching file is for your view..
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it is a normal username/password dialog.

YOU need to go to and put in a search string with the make/model of your router and the phrase "default password".
          Once you find it, enter the appropriate credentials and click OK

If the password has been changed from the default, all I can suggest is to reset the unit to its default settings, which should also reset the password for you.

NOTE -- I am not repeat NOT going to do a simple search for you -- it is easy enough -- and I strongly advise other members not to do it either. kay5ive, you should have enough internet skills to use a basic search engine.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes, it is a normal username/password dialog.

YOU need to go to and put in a search string with the make/model of your router and the phrase "default password".
            Once you find it, enter the appropriate credentials and click OK

If the password has been changed from the default, all I can suggest is to reset the unit to its default settings, which should also reset the password for you.

NOTE -- I am not repeat NOT going to do a simple search for you -- it is easy enough -- and I strongly advise other members not to do it either. kay5ive, you should have enough internet skills to use a basic search engine.
            I have searched on but i found Router id and password of firmware, but i need the Backup/Restore ID/PWD of my router.

Comment

So it will be a custom password -- ask the previous owner of the router, or reset it to default
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

So it will be a custom password -- ask the previous owner of the router, or reset it to default
                I have reset it 3 times but no acceptance.

Comment

Do Linksys provide support?
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by kay5ive View Post
                    I have reset it 3 times but no acceptance.
                    If you have factory reset the device the password will be the default password.

Comment

Working...
                    X