Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weird problem while upgrading from PRO to 510 ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird problem while upgrading from PRO to 510 ...

Hi everyone

I tried to upgrade fro PRO version to 510 with Petri's guide and i got an error messege i the 3rd step ... , i did the DELETE PASSIVE process , and than the GV8BAA3.721 file witch was meant to be uploaded failed with error msg - Invalid file upload :too short , so i tried to download the
    GV8BAA3.721 file from other sites , but i came the same error .

my question is obviously , what can i do [/img]

When you upload the file with an ftp client, be sure you choose "binary" for the transfer mode instead of "ASCII" or "Auto".

Comment

Originally posted by melse
      When you upload the file with an ftp client, be sure you choose "binary" for the transfer mode instead of "ASCII" or "Auto".
      where should i choose "binary" , in which field ?

how can i upload the file through FTP?

Comment

Although uploading is possible with the telnet interface, I always use a FTP client, much easier in my opinion. Are you familiar with using an ftp client?
        If so, just make a connection with the ftp client to ip adress 10.0.0.138 , port 21. After logging in, you see all files and directories of your modem.
        NB: upload the file(s) to the right directory!
        When you upload to your modem, you should use the "binary transfer mode" which is a setting in your ftp client.
        NB: upload the file(s) to the right directory!

BTW, I used the directions from http://forpage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=179

Comment

thanks m8 , ill give it a shout

btw , i dont speak german ....but thanks any way for the link .

Comment

BTW, the link is in French

Comment

Working...
            X