No announcement yet.

Dropped wireless access

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped wireless access

I am using Verizon DSL with a Linksys Router for wireless access. At times, I will lose my wireless connection and have to either wait about 5 minutes and then disconnect from and reconnect to the Network, or physically shutdown both the router and modem for a few seconds to re-establish connection. Has anyone else run into this? And if so, how did you solve it? I also have a co-worker who uses a Comcast Cable modem and a Linksys router and occasionally has the same problem. So, the only common thread is the Linksys equipment.

Re: Dropped wireless access

I have a Linksys wireless router for my ADSL and it too needs a reboot about once a week! I found my psu to be hanging out of the plug socket a week ago and so far so good, it has been working fine! I hope ive solved the problem otherwise it is a Linksys related problem!
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Dropped wireless access

What is the Linksys model? Do you have the latest firmware installed in the Linksys?
      Departed: 23rd December 2015