Bandwidth Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth Problems

Looking for some advice regarding bandwidth issues to a remote host. It appears that about half way through the data transfer my bandwidth diminishes from 3200 bytes to about 800 bytes. The IP address in question is 63.239.212.13, this is a Quest Communication site.

I have additional data to discuss in more detail, this problem is clearly beyond my technical skill level and would consider fee-based services.

Re: Bandwidth Problems

What type of data transfer? You are downloading or uploading. Is this across internet? Is there a vpn involved. Need more info.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

No VPN is in use, all data is encrypted. The big hitters are TIFF files, both up and down. I have included a trace file, from the response times you can see where it goes to heck in a hand basket.

If you think you can be of some help I am open to direct communications.

Thanks for looking!
      Attached Files

Comment

From looking at the trace your response times increase dramatically when it hits 67.14.4.210. Possible bandwidth throttling going on there. Congestion in the providers network. They could be inspecting packets etc. I dont see packet loss which is good.

How big are these files? I would try to sending a very small file across. Maybe just a text file and see if the result is the same.
        CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
        CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

You came to the same conclusion I did. The smaller the file the less impact. I am trying to figure out if that particular IP address is the point of entry of the hosted server. The vendor has not been very forthcoming.

Thank you for looking...

Comment

Working...
          X