question regarding LAN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question regarding LAN

i m using internet, via a LAN Network in my town,as a client.
    i get very low speed for internet browsing.how can i improve the internet browsing speed.is any software with which i can improve the internet browsing speed.

Re: question regarding LAN

How many other people are sharing the connection with you??

Comment

there are about 12 users and the server is using with 128k ISDN connetion.

Comment

Hi,
        do you use Internet Connection Sharing Service of Windows of using any other Proxy server ?! you can found many softwares that are called that it will increase speed of internet , i didnt tried it yet , but as i experienced if you set blocking of popups it will help you getting good speed.

Regards

Comment

With 12 users and a 128k connection, you are only getting 10k per user. The only way you will get better browsing is to increase the size of the pipeline. ie increase your connection speed.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
            With 12 users and a 128k connection, you are only getting 10k per user. The only way you will get better browsing is to increase the size of the pipeline. ie increase your connection speed.
            ust got back to this thread.

This is exactly the problem. Too many users and not enough bandwidth.

Can you upgrade to DSL??

Comment

i told u guys that i m using my pc as a client.and the admin of the LAN is not ready to upgrade the speed.so i cant anything by myself except finding any tweak to get a better speed on this network.

Comment

There is nothing you can do to speed up the Internet. You could install a good caching server that would allow for the storage of pages that have already been opened. However this will NOT speed up the Internet. It will only load the previously opened pages faster from a local source instead of downloading them from your slow net connection. Since you are not the Administrator I can't see them spending money on this project due to its small increase in some page load times.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X