Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring ECI B--Focus 270PR to a router

Hello,
    I have got this modem/router from bezeq. I would like to configure it as a router so i won't need to use a dialer all the time.
    I'm running win xp pro on a pentium 4 2.6 with an Asus motherboard.
    I've been searching the net and this site and couldn't find any good answers for this issue.
    I will appreciate any help!

Thanx

Shlomo

Re: Configuring ECI B--Focus 270PR to a router

Um, I think it is configured as a router (unless it hass been put into bridge mode). You may need to see if there is an option in the router interface that will make the keep the link alive. Sorry, not familiar with this device so I can't help you with it at this time. Will try and find the manual and have a read.

Someone else may be able to advise you on this though.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Actually, I need to write down user and password each time i'd like to connect. doens't matter what windows i use.
      I wish i knew what way to get access to its configuration, as the Speedtouch series used to have telnet...

Comment

It should have a web interface. Try entering its IP address into your web browser. ie http://10.0.0.138 Have a read of the manual. It should tell you how to do it. Once inside you should be able to enter your logon details and once it is saved you problem should not exist.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Are you sure it should be the same address as the speedtouch has?

Comment

No, that was just an example. Maybe I should have use eg. Go to a Command Prompt
            Start
            Run
            type cmd and press enter
            type ipconfig /all and look for default gateway. Use that IP in your browser.

Do you have a manual for the router?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

No. Can't find a manual.
              Thing is, that this modem/router is supposed to be common in Israel. I found many answers about port forwarding for it, but no manual how to configure it to a router.

Comment

Have a look through the links here. http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Fo...&start=10&sa=N

You might find something in your language. (Sorry, can't read it)

There was this, http://forums.petri.com/archive/index.php/t-135.html But it doesn't appear to be available at the moment.
                Last edited by biggles77; 19th November 2005, 01:12.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I was able to find the manual (in English) for the 270pr (if someone still needs it, just let me know). However, my rudimentary knowledge of networking puts me a bit out of my league. Alas, all of my days on the software side of the fence aren't helping now...

Anyway, I want to configure the 270pr ADSL modem to automatically connect, stay connected, and reconnect (as necessary) to the service provider while it is powered on-- without connection to a computer. I assume this means I need to configure it as a router (and not just a modem). Is this true? If so, how do I do it? If not, what should I do?

Thanks,
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BriSchnei
                    I was able to find the manual (in English) for the 270pr (if someone still needs it, just let me know).
                    Thanks,
                    Brian
                    BriSchnei, PM, http://forums.petri.com/private.php , me and I will give you my email address so I can get a copy of the manual I can host it for future use. I can also read it and see if we can solve your problem.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

hello everyone !!!!

Comment

Hi - a newbie to a newbie

This is how I configured the B-FOCuS 270 a couple of days back

1. Get into the admin by typing 192.168.1.1 > Username : admin
                        Password : Bezeqwow
                        2. Move down to WAN Setup > Move down to PPPoA . Put in your username eg [email protected] > Password >Authentication :PAP . Make sure VPI=8 and VCI=48 and
                        enable NAPT . These last three settings are at the top of the dialog . ADD and move on.
                        3. LAN setup : Make sure the IP address is 192.168.1.1 and subnet 255.255.255.0 . I believe you can change it to your liking but stick to the defaults .
                        4. Next is Save and reboot . After clicking on the save and reboot wait for the operation to finish and then click on reboot . When you do this the configuration is 'burnt' on the router and should be ok from that point on .

If all this doesn't work , go down to dianostic close to the bottom > upgrade > go to the firmware upgrade and do the save reboot again .

This should do the trick , all the best .

Comment

If anyone needs the manual , I can email it across .

Comment

Originally posted by badruddin View Post
                            hello everyone !!!!
                            Good one. Not reading the rules and placing a silly post in the wrong location has earned you a 2 week ban. Take this time to read the Posting Rules before doing this again. Thank you.
                            1 1 was a racehorse.
                            2 2 was 1 2.
                            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by arv View Post
                              If anyone needs the manual , I can email it across .
                              Arv, can you PM me an email address so I can get a copy of the manual. Thanks, I would appreciate that.
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X