Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draytek Vigor2820 VPN Issue

Hi ,

We are using a Draytek Vigor 2820 Series Router. Now we are using a Leased Line on it with static IP Binded on it.

While trying to get conect using a VPN , i am able to connect but after get connected i am unable to ping my router IP 192.168.1.1 as well as my Windows 2003 Server IP 192.168.1.2 .Also i am not able to do a Remote Dekstop Connection to my windows Server.

Can anyone please help me , why the Remote Desktop and Ping ICMP Traffic is getting blocked automatically . I have not configured any Blocking Rules on my router neither block any specific Ports.

Here is the IP Details

Public IP
    115.118.x.x

G.W 115.118.x.x

DNS 121.x.x.x
    121.x.x.x

Local IP

Router IP

Windows 2003 Server IP 192.168.1.208

Please help....

Thanks,

Kathy

Re: Draytek Vigor2820 VPN Issue

what IP details is your vpn client getting?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi ,

First of ll thanks for replying ....I set the scope of 54 in DHCP , so my client which is getting connected using a VPN getting this ip

GW : 192.168.1.1 <-- Router IP

DNS : 192.168.1.208 <-- W2k3 Server
      121.x.x.x <-- ISP DNS

If i am check the option in VPN Connection TCP IP Properties use gateway for remote computer then even i am not able to browese the internet and even w2k3 server and if i am uncheck the option use gateway of remote system then atleast i am able to surf internet but not local network such as w2k3 server

do i need to open any specific port in router...but i have not even closed any single port on router. why vpn blocks all netbios ( \\server_name) traffic , if vpn is technically blocking a (\\server_name) traffic then there will not be any usefulness of VPN

Please Help...

Kathy

Comment

so once you connect the VPN client, you cannot ping 192.168.1.1, regardless of whether or not you tick "use remote gateway..." option?

have you tried to replicate with different client OS?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi ,

Even if i checked " Use default gateway on remote network " i am unable to ping router IP ( 192.168.1.1 ) or uncheck that option , i am totally unable...why the router is blocking the traffic.....

If i check " Use default gateway on remote network " option in connection settings , i am unable to browse the internet after connected to VPN ...

I think i am missing something in settings...or dratek router is having a issue with public VPN setup....

please help....

Thanks,

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
            If i am check the option in VPN Connection TCP IP Properties use gateway for remote computer then even i am not able to browese the internet and even w2k3 server and if i am uncheck the option use gateway of remote system then atleast i am able to surf internet but not local network such as w2k3 server
            So you are able to browse the Internet after connecting to the VPN with use remote gateway checked? This means that the VPN is working because your Internet is being forwarded through the VPN.

Can you post up the output of ipconfig /all on the client whilst the VPN is connected to confirm that it is getting what you think it should be getting?

Where is your DHCP scope set? Are you using the main DHCP of the router or do you have this disabled in favour of the 2003 server?

You might not be aware that VPN clients will be assigned and IP by the Draytek and not your network DHCP so if you have the main DHCP on the router disabled check VPN and Remote Access >> PPP General Setup on the router. There is a setting "IP Address Assignment for Dial-In Users (When DHCP Disable set)"

Comment

What client are you using? Also have you forwarded the necessary VPN port to the server? We have SBS 2008 and it requires port 1723 forwarded. As asked are you using DHCP relay or are you using the router as a dhcp server? If you connect to your vpn and trace route where does it go?

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
                Hi ,

Even if i checked " Use default gateway on remote network " i am unable to ping router IP ( 192.168.1.1 ) or uncheck that option , i am totally unable...why the router is blocking the traffic.....

If i check " Use default gateway on remote network " option in connection settings , i am unable to browse the internet after connected to VPN ...

I think i am missing something in settings...or dratek router is having a issue with public VPN setup....

please help....

Thanks,

Kathy
                Dear Kathy,

Pls use DrayTek Smart VPN Client Software ( draytek.com/user/SupportDLUtility.php ) and upgrade your DrayTek 2820 device frimware version 3.3.5.2 version ( draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/V3.3.5.2/ with ftp ) then your device have static IP feature for PPTP client. Also you can try closed all Firewall feature for VPN connection test, if your VPN to be okay then you need check your Firewall Rule table.

If you use any AV/Firewall software with your VPN Client System pls closed and re try.

Comment

I've just rread over this post again.

the subnet your client is receiving gives you a bad range.
                  a /29 only gives you about 6 usable IP addresses.
                  a default route of 192.168.1.1 won't work, because 192.168.1.1 is on a separte subnet.. and thus needs to be routed to it.

Adjust the DHCP scope that is issuing IPs to your VPN clients, and give them a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
                  Last edited by tehcamel; 16th August 2011, 10:05.

Comment

Working...
                  X