D Link 604 Router question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Link 604 Router question

Hi ... I have windows xp sp2 and I have 2 computers hook up to my dlink604 router , I'm curious if anyone know as to whether there is any setting that I need to set up for my router ? At the moment I am able to surf the web , Its just for security reasons ...

TIA !

Re: D Link 604 Router question

Change the default password used to access the configuration pages. If you can change the Username on this device, change that as well. Do NOT forget what you have changed them to or you will need to reset the modem in order to be able to access it again.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi Biggles77 ... Is that all that is needed ? Don't I have to open and close some ports ? Thanks

Comment

If you have Internet access and you can send an receive email then you don't need to open any ports. Don't know the D-Link but it might be an idea to have a look and see if it has a firewall or if it relies on NAT to keep the baddies out. I seem to remember a D-Link 302 having the Ping (Echo) turned on by default. That would be one thing to turn off.

If you want to test it and see if you do have any unnecessary ports open, go to http://www.grc.com and try his ShieldsUp! program.

Can any members (or viewers) who know this device offer any insights?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X