• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot connect to vpn with they same range

Hello

I have an ADSL modem that give me an ip of 192.168.x.x
    Now when I connect to my office with secure remote
    After I crated as site successfully because my office is also
    Start with 192.168.x.x the computer cannot connect to the computer in the office

I cannot change my ip because it came from the dhcp from the modem

Operating system, winxp sp2
    Any one have an idea?

Thanks
    Eyal

Re: cannot connect to vpn with they same range

Hi,

I would be very supprised if you couldn't change the DHCP scope on your modem / router
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

sounds to me like the firewall drops you becouse of spoofing settings (same ip range)

its like m80arm say you have to change your modem router dhcp range.
      MCSE 2000 Done
      RHCE Done

Comment

You shouldn't be connecting to your VPN using the internal address of your network.

The way we do it is to connect to the external interface of my companies router which gets me an internal IP address from a DHCP server that allows me to connect internally.

The 192.168.x.x address is not recognised on the net as it is designated as an internal address space.

Check your connection settings for your VPN, which client are you using??

Comment

I would suggest you to buy a firewall/router like Linksys or D-Link and use it between your XP machine and the ADSL modem. In this way you can control the home internal IP addressing scheme by modifying the LAN IP address of the Linksys router (i.e.: if at the office you use 192.168.0.x/24, at home you'll use something like 192.168.10.x/24). Do not forget to activate PPTP passtrough and IPSEC passtrough on the router in order to allow the VPN traffic between your machine and the Internet.

Comment

Working...
          X