Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downgrading from 510 to Pro/Home

Has anyone successfully done this?

When either uploading via the 510 web interface I get a ERROR: Failed file write or when through FTP I get a 450 error.

Now I finally have firmware 253 uploaded, but can't perform a switch.

Am I forgetting a step sofewhere?

ANY help would be appreciated, as I'd like to have my modem back!

I cannot downgrade either. I didn't touch my original firmware: it's still available as "passive" software. However i cannot switch back anymore.

Maybe this is related: when logging in with telnet i get:
    =>software
    [software]=>version
    Active : GV8BAA3.721 Passive : GV8BAA3.281

[software]=>setpassive
    file = GV8BAA3.281

[software]=>setpassive
    file = GV8BAA3.721
    Error : File could not be opened.

Comment

Do you read French? See below (http://forpage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=179):

<cut>

Pour revenir à votre ancien firmware voici la marche à suivre (exemple pour revenir au firmware GV8BAA3.270):
      - Uploadez par FTP (en mode binaire) le firmware GV8BAA3.270 dans la partition /dl
      - Sauvegardez le fichier /dl/wanadoo_fr.ini sur votre disque dur (il contient la configuration en mode ST510). Si plus tard vous souhaitez revenir en mode 510 il vous suffira d'uploader wanadoo_fr.ini dans la partition /active avant switch ou /dl après switch pour conserver tous vos paramètres de configuration
      - Uploadez dans la partition /dl de votre modem un fichier vide (0 octets) nommé active.flg puis effacez le fichier active.flg situé dans la partition /active
      - sous telnet tapez les commandes :
      software
      setpassive file=GV8BAA3.270
      switch

Le modem reboot
      - Après le reboot vous êtes revenu sous votre ancien firmware (GV8BAA3.270 dans l'exemple). Le mot de passe et les paramètres sont perdus donc reconfigurez votre modem via l'interface web habituelle du firmware 270

So, you have to make an empty file and name it active.flg and copy it to the /dl partition; the delete the active.flg file in the /active partition. After that the telnet commands should work:
      software
      switch

Comment

Originally posted by melse
        Do you read French? See below (http://forpage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=179):

<cut>
        So, you have to make an empty file and name it active.flg and copy it to the /dl partition; the delete the active.flg file in the /active partition. After that the telnet commands should work:
        software
        switch
        How? I've tried deleting via FTP and no go - I'm not allowed to delete files from the /active directory.

Comment

Be sure your ADSL connection is disconnected first and transfer mode of ftp client is set to binary.

Comment

Or try the software cleanup command using telnet.

Comment

Has anyone managed to do this? I can't get rid of the active.flg file nomatter what I do - line disconnected and unplugged etc etc ...

Comment

Cannot revert back from 510v3 with certain firmwares

Got this from that French site....................

For those which upgradé in ST510 in the first days with firmware GV8BAA3.721 and which does not arrive at upgrader the firmware, here procedure:

* Place in EXPERT mode (prompt order telnet td with the expert password calculated )

* Type following orders telnet:

dbg
                pm.w 2e62f0 5c801e01
                pm.w 2e62f4 0a000000

* Check that orders one taken well into account while typing:
                di 2e62f0
                The router must post this:

Code:

002E62F0 : 5C801E01 mov 1, g0
                002E62F4 : 0A000000 ret

If it is not the case rebootez the router and start again

* You now have the rights of writing on the active partition

* You then can upgrader your firmware in manual mode

http://www.forpage.com/forum/viewtop...forum=17&1

Comment

This would appear to be the problem then.......

To reply to my previous post the .721 firmware does not appear to allow full access to the /active directory and so firmware cannot be changed - I cannot upgrade to a newer 510 v3.7 firmware or go back to Speedtouch pro without doing what looks like a very risky manoeuvre in expert mode

Comment

Well, it is up to you of course but changing these values only changes the read/write/delete properties of this active.flg file that you are not able to delete. It worked all right for me anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X