No announcement yet.

Siemans router not issuing DHCP

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siemans router not issuing DHCP

I have a client who has recently been issued a new Windows 7 laptop by their company. The previous laptop was winxp.
    The laptop is used in numerous locations, so is configured to use DHCP. There is also a desktop at the client's home, connected to the router via an ethernet cable.

The new laptop will not obtain a DHCP address from the router. The wired desktop is NOT experiencing issues obtaining a DHCP address.

I have completely removed all security on the router, and the laptop won't grab an address.
    I then assigned a static address, and it works perfectly.
    I upped the security to WPA2 again, and laptop still works with a manually assigned address.
    I then changed it back to DHCP, and the router would not issue an address.

The router in question is a Tiscali provided Siemans Gigaset router. It has definitely been rebooted multiple times. I cannot find any MAC filtering options (there are very limited control options for this router) and I know it's definitely authenticating properly.

Any suggestions?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Siemans router not issuing DHCP

What happens when you plug a cable in?
    Is wireless NIC actually detecting the AP?
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Siemans router not issuing DHCP

Try this, change or add ArpRetryCount's value in the registry to 0 (the value 0 is only supported by Vista and newer)

See here "Solution 2" for instructions.

Then reboot the computer and Repair the adapter.
      This should solve the problem.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts