Adsl Broadband And Exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adsl Broadband And Exchange

Just found out BT have moved away from direct IP to SMTP / POP server for email. This has caused me a major problem as I can not remember if Exchange 5.5 can direct SMTP mail out. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Adsl Broadband And Exchange

I don't know the answer for exchnage 5.5, but if you get on to BT tech support (sic) - you can make various request of them and they can be quite useful. In my own experience, I've not found BT to be a particulrly useful ISP for business. In one of my clients we recently had a connectivity issue, and when I started taking e-mails apart, we found that BTConnect (which I think they promote as their businees ISP) is actually now routing e-mails through BT Openworld (which I beleive they flog as their home ISP).
    What I think (and I must stress think) has happened is that they are merging their various servers, and tough luck if you're caught in the cross fire...

Comment

Try posting the question in the forum "Messaging Services", you will probably get a better response.

I am confused as to what you mean when you say 'IP" when it comes to email services. Is your server pointed at BT's email server?

Comment

I have managed to resolve this by replacing the destination IP address with the BT SMTP server address. I also needed to ensure the SMTP settings would allow access to BT via the routing address page.

Comment

Working...
        X