Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LInksys wrt54g and different network

Guys,

I am finally getting back into 70-291 exam and just rebuilding 2 fresh windows 2003 PC's.

I currently have my broadband going into a linksys WRT54G router which acts as my gateway. I have 2 spare ethernet ports on the router. Can this router be configured to support 2 different networks.

My current DHCP set-up is 10.1.1.x but I want my new network to be 10.100.1.x and still have access to the internet, but not my 10.1.1.x network

Is this possible?

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: LInksys wrt54g and different network

I am unable to connect to Linksys at this time, but I have a WAP51G and it has the following screen. Although it can take 2 different IPs, take note of the yellow highlight.

Linksys Multiple IPs
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Cheers biggles,

Not too sure if that's the answer.

My router is 10.1.1.1

My clients are 10.1.1.10 - 15
      My new training network PC's will be 10.100.1.10 and 10.100.1.11

I want 10.100.1.10 and 10.100.1.11 to be able to access the internet via the 10.1.1.1.

Not too sure if the linksys box has the correct routing functions to be able to do this but I thought I would ask

Onyl wany around it is to stick another network card into one of the PC's and connect it to my 10.1.1.x network and share the connection. Then use a switch and connect the 10.100.1.x clients
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

If you use an 8 bit subnet mask there would be no problem. Sorry.

If you got a second-hand managed switch, you could VLAN it and keep them seperate that way and you could setup a static route on the router. I use a cheap 16 port CNet switch that has the ability to do a hardware VLAN. Move the dip switch and it seperates 4 ports from the rest of the switch. Don't know if that is an option in your case though.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X