Eth-Aztech DSL600E modem/router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eth-Aztech DSL600E modem/router

I got a new Eth-Aztech DSL600E modem/router from BezeqWOW (Israel).
    Firmware version: 38.56.1, importer: TNN Networks.ltd, ISP will be 012.net.
    Questions:
    1. what's basic username/password for this model?
    2. what's it basic IP/submask to telnet it?
    3. has anyone any experience with it (firewall, connection type, DHCP, configurations etc)?
    4. is there any need to change the firmware version or it must work fine "as it"?

Re: Eth-Aztech DSL600E modem/router

1. This is in the manual.
    2. Also in the manual.
    3. Personally, no, not with this device. The manual is a good source of configuration info.
    4. Should work ok as is. However the latest firmware could fix any glitches the device may have.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

thanks, biggles77,
      but a manual from bezeq (and user\pass) isn't the original one.. and bezeq makes changes to prevent installation of device for lan as router - they have a lot of dirty tricks because they give such devices free...
      anyway the original manual (it's based on my own experience with different types of modems from bezeq) regulary doesn't work.

Comment

Ok, with more info supplied I did a bit more looking. There doesn't appear to be a manual for this specific modem, http://www.aztech.com.sg/manual.htm , but I did manage eventually to download a couple of the other model's manuals. 480 and 500. There was NO mention of a username or password to acccess these models. The default IP appears to be 192.168.1.1/24.

If this modem has been modified by your ISP, then if you do manage to "get inside" it and you cause it to stop working, then there is every possibility that your ISP will charge a fee to rectify the problem.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
          Ok, with more info supplied I did a bit more looking. There doesn't appear to be a manual for this specific modem,

If this modem has been modified by your ISP, then if you do manage to "get inside" it and you cause it to stop working, then there is every possibility that your ISP will charge a fee to rectify the problem.
          i visited http://www.aztech.com.sg/DSL-600E.htm and the PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS i got there (before posting of this thread at forum, of cause) weren't enough... (((
          more, anyting of this kind coming to israel has been modified.. even not by isp, but dsl service provider (our telephone monopoly), who stands between me and my isp. and so we have a new (about 1 month at our market, i think) unknown model of dsl router.
          since i'm not a programmer, but only comp. technician and sysadmin, i don't think that i can cause device to stop working ("reset" button presents) at all.... i don't doing to make some attractive changes in firmware, i only want to make a gateway for small network of 4 comps and gain a little.... legaly, yes?....

Comment

Legally yes? I don't know. Some ISPs do not allow mulitple PCs to access the broadband connection. That is something you will need to ascertain from your ISP.
            With one ISP in Australia that I knows that blocks access to the modem, you do have the option to contact the ISP and get them to change it to BRIDGE mode. That way you can connect a router to the modem and then use the router to share your broadband connection.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

A detailed manual for DSL600E u find on the CD supplied with the modem (Bezeq provide it). In the manual u find that the IP is 192.168.1.1, which is not true for bezeq supplied modem, but it is 10.0.0.138 (out of the box setup). U can verify it when you check in dos window (Windows OS) command "ipconfig /all", then you will see the default GW, which is the modem/router.
              It is possible to connect more then one PC, didn't find any restriction in terms and conditions that my ISP put.
              BTW, be carefully with changes that you do (there is no need to do, but the user ID and password to connect to your ISP)

Comment

hi, everyone!
                thanks....

Comment

HEI
                  Admin/Admin
                  Bye-bye

Comment

מידע נוסף על המודם תוכל למצוא פה: