Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widest Coverage Area

Hi there experts,

My client is looking forward to replace his old wireless router. He asked me to find him one with huge radius coverage so he can surf comfortably in his big house.
    I've made some research but got confused because opinions contradict each others.
    so far my choices are:

D-link Dir-855
    Belkin N1 vision
    Netgear RangeMax WNR3700

So which one provide best coverage arena or you might want to suggest another choice? The budget is 200-400$

Regards
    -dut

Re: Widest Coverage Area

Can you please define "huge" in this instance -- are we talking kilometers?
    Also what is the construction of the house as that plays a part.
    You may find multiple small WAPs connected by ethernet offers a better solution
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Just go for a router that supports Wireless N. Most routers can be configured for optimal throughput or range, besides are other factors that can interfere with the wi-fi signal. Wall/partition size and substance, other signals etc.
      What distance are we talking about?
      Another option to consider is probably a DIY antena or a Cantena, or a signal repeater.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

TP-Link have some Extended Range units. http://www.tp-link.com/products/index.asp Many of their devices have the easy to use Netgear GUI.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Of course he could always get his butler to follow him with a WAP on a long ethernet cable
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            Of course he could always get his butler to follow him with a WAP on a long ethernet cable
            I say, you've been watching too much Bertie & Jeeves. Splendid!
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Spiffing, what!
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X